Friday, July 25, 2008

Creepy Cross


Hey guys, I’d like your opinion on this photo.



Beautiful cross right?

It was sent to me from a friend who recently visited France a few months back. From what I understand, she said it was taken somewhere around Nice at a lighthouse. She’s supposed to be getting back to me soon with the exact location. Provided that happens, I’ll start digging deeper to see what comes up.

So why would I want to research this seemingly simple cross statue?

After closer examination, I noticed several interesting features.

• Pentagrams
• Serpents
• An arrow through an apple
• It’s down right creepy

I’ll be the first to admit, this type of stuff is not my strong suit. I’m completely unfamiliar as to when this statue was built, so I might be wrong in thinking these features seem out of place on a cross. For all I know, they could have been used very commonly at the time.

Let me know if you guys have any information or any thoughts on this.

I’ll bring in more information as it comes to me.

No comments: