Sunday, August 3, 2008

Xoom Road trip update

Well we arrived in Arkansas and headed deep into the wilds of the Ozarks. I am trying to reach you on my PDA right now, getting only spotty cell Internet access here on a mountaintop. Not sure if the others are okay or not - we all made a break for it at the same time but once I cleared the basement I didn't look back until I couldn't hear the chainsaw anymore. I heard Cutman shouting in the distance a bit ago, but I'm not sure how far he could have made it with only one arm and one usable leg left to him... Can't believe Mark turned on Cleveland like that. It was so brutal. I tried to tell him the old woman was going to have Jedidiah kill us anyway, no matter how much he made her laugh. But I can't blame him too much, I guess, because I know how horrible that brown recluse enclosure must've been.

If this makes it to the blog please send help. Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired... there's nothing more I can do, just wait...

R. J. MacReady, helicopter pilot, US outpost #31.




(Actually, Arkansas is a very nice place and we're having a heck of a time - well, three of us anyway. Cleveland is another story altogether.)

No comments: